Upon entering our second week of school, we look back to evaluate child's needs and look ahead to an exciting time of working together here at BCS. We will continue to gently challenge each student.
The Flamingoes (PreK)
- will be working with the letters Bb and Cc. We'll be forcusing on the shapes and sounds, listening to stories, and manipulating objects.
The Dragonflies (Kdg.)
- will be working with letters h, m, n, v, w and reading stories with the short e, a, and i sound. We are also going to begin learning about the world of Dick and Jane. For math we will be working on both recognizing and writing numbers along with grouping objects and the beginning stages of adding. Science : Learning about classifying animals. Bible : Studying the book of Mark. Rest Time : Aesop's Fables. Music : Piano lessons and learning about different instruments. We also work on stretching, bible verses, and working together and independently. Art : Lots! Spelling : words with short vowel sounds.
The Crafty Falcons (2nd Grade)
- will be reading and responding to poetry. We'll be working with contractions, vocabulary, nouns, and capitalization.
- Computer safety will focus on the search engine www.kidsclick.org.
- We'll also continue our study of Christopher Columbus and his journey to the Americas.
- For science, the Falcons will continue with animal classifications and beginning to create a "lap book" of vertebrates and invertebrates.
- Sign Language will focus on reviewing a,b,c,d,e,f and creating words.
- In music they will be learning about stringed instruments along with piano lessons.
- PE/Health will promote stretching.
- Art, for one project, will be using a fork and paint to create a sunflower.
- Spelling (I don’t have the words available to me as I create this, so I’ll need to wait one more week to get the weekly list to you. Thank you for your patience.) Mrs. Schlotte & Anna